Well…this came out as one of my experimental recipes. I was supposed to prepare something else( let’s not say what but something related to pastry) and I ended up running with glasses full of these and serving everyone! Quite easy-to-make and was enjoyed by everyone at my house except my mother..well she never likes egg stuff much so I knew that’d be coming anyways:)..there may be recipes for this as I’ve not surfed whether there are or not…but this is my version, as usual…hope you like it!
EGG MILK SHAKE
(Recipe for 6 servings)
4 Egg whites
5 tablespoons of Sugar
2 tablespoons of Coffee powder
- Place a saucepan on the stove and pour a good amount of water, so that the water covers half of the pan. Bring the water to boil on medium heat.
- Take the egg whites in another pan and place it on top of the saucepan on the stove. Many people use double boiler instead of using two different pans but I prefer this more.
- Stir the egg whites for a few seconds. Put sugar in it while stirring.
- Add water while stirring. * If you will be using liquid milk then put a little amount of water here like about 2 tablespoons. If not, then use 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Keep stirring it continuously otherwise you’ll end up having scrambled eggs!
- When you see the sugar is melted and the mixture has taken a grey-ish color, turn the gas off and remove the egg pan from it.
- Add milk and stir. If you are using powder milk, add 2 cups and if liquid milk, use 1 cup only. However, you can change the amount depending on how much milk you like in your milkshake.
- Add Coffee powder and the vanilla extract; or, you can use vanilla flavored cappuccino coffee powder. For the latter I used Hills and Bros. vanilla flavored ones. Keep it mixing.
- When you’ve mixed everything one by one, use a hand beater and beat the mixture until it it becomes somewhat bubbly or foamy. It normally doesn’t turn into a frost and even if it does, use liquid milk or water as per your need. Then keep on beating.
- Put the mixture (or now, better call it ‘the shake':D) in the fridge and later serve it chilled. Enjoy!!